$750,161* of our $500,000 goal
*includes incentive pool and prize amounts
Rules and FAQs
- Only 501(c) (3) nonprofit organizations that have completed all registration and training requirements, including rigorous financial review and examination of good standing with the Internal Revenue Service, Secretary of the State of California, and Shasta Regional Community Foundation are eligible to participate in North State Giving Tuesday.
- Donor is defined as an individual or corporation/business. Organizations are prohibited from donating to themselves. For purposes of awarding prizes, multiple donations from one donor to the same nonprofit will count as one gift.
- The minimum gift is $10.
- Incentive funds will be provided based on the total size of the incentive pool and the total of donations made on this website during the designated 12-hour period. The percentage of funds raised by an organization will be calculated against the total donations received for the day to determine a percentage. This same percentage will then be applied to the amount available in the incentive pool and the organization will be awarded the additional amount to boost their overall contributions. For instance, if an organization has raised 10% of total dollars raised during the day, they will receive 10% of the incentive. So, if XYZ Organization raises $50,000 of a total $500,000 raised throughout the day and the incentive pool is $80,000, XYZ Organization will be awarded an additional $8,000.
- Donors are encouraged to make gifts to multiple organizations of their choice. Each gift of $10 or more to a different organization will be counted on the Results.
- Only credit and debit card donations received during the 12 hour period (6:00 AM PST to 6:00 PM PST on November 29, 2016) are eligible to receive a boost from the Incentive Pool, per the structure outlined above. No donations via check, cash or stock will be counted toward the North State Giving Tuesday totals.
- MasterCard, Visa, Discover and debit cards in addition to personal PayPal accounts will be accepted for this event.
- Each gift is 100% tax-deductible and irrevocable. All donations will be granted for unrestricted use by the chosen charities.
- Secure donations for North State Giving Tuesday are provided through PayPal to each donor entering their own credit card information directly on northstategives.org. Any third party who enters credit card information on behalf of a donor, by their actions of entering any such credit card information on behalf of a donor, has signified their donor’s agreement with the North State Giving Tuesday sponsoring organizations 1.) to assume all risk of loss and any liability associated with such transaction and 2.) to indemnify each of the sponsoring organizations of North State Giving Tuesday against any and all risk of loss and any liability associated with such transaction.
- Participating nonprofit organizations will receive access to only their donor information after North State Giving Tuesday unless the donor has specified to remain anonymous.
- Each nonprofit should receive one (1) check totaling all donation(s), minus the credit card processing fees, plus any Incentive Pool funds, no later than December 31st, 2016.
What is the minimum donation?
The minimum donation is $10.
I’m a participating nonprofit. How do I access my donor information?
The donor information for your nonprofit will be provided to your nonprofit’s team captain via email after the day of the event. Please note that if the donor has selected to remain anonymous, you will not see their information, only their gift amount. Your donor information is not shared with any other organization.
What methods of payment are accepted?
Credit card donations using Visa, MasterCard, Discover or a debit card or a personal PayPal account will be accepted on the North State Giving Tuesday website through northstategives.org. Only donations made through this website during the 12-hour challenge will qualify for a boost from the Incentive Pool.
How will the donations be reported on my credit card statement?
All donations are tax deductible and irrevocable (donations will not be refunded) and will be for the unrestricted use of your chosen charity. Your credit card statement will read: SHASTA RCF
Will I receive a receipt?
Yes! You will receive a receipt via email within minutes of your donation. Save this receipt for tax purposes. If you need a duplicate copy of your receipt, you may contact the Community Foundation staff after November 29th to request an additional copy be sent to you.
Is there a fee charged for the online credit card gifts?
The online credit card processing fees will be 3.0%, which is standard for these types of processing platforms. This fee, which is charged by the credit card processing company PayPal, will be deducted from each contribution. Shasta Regional Community Foundation does not collect any fees associated with contributions made through this website.
Can I make my donation over the phone?
If you have a smart phone with a web browser that allows you to make a credit card donation online, then yes. Our website does not have text donation capabilities. We are unable to take donations via a telephone call.
How are donations boosted?
The total funds raised by an organization will be calculated against the total donations received for the day to determine a percentage. This same percentage will then be applied to the amount available in the incentive pool and the organization will be awarded the additional amount to boost their overall contributions. For instance, if an organization has raised 10% of total dollars raised during the day, they will receive 10% of the incentive. So, if XYZ Organization raises $50,000 of a total $500,000 raised throughout the day and the incentive pool is $80,000, XYZ Organization will be awarded an additional $8,000.
What are prize challenges?
Challenges are a fun way for organizations to compete for additional dollars that come from our Incentive Pool. By making a donation with your credit card to an organization on November 29th, you help nonprofits compete for these prizes. For a full list of the challenges visit the Incentives page.
How were incentive funds provided for North State Giving Tuesday?
Incentive funds were generously provided by the Knodel Family Endowment Fund of Shasta Regional Community Foundation.
What if I can’t find my favorite nonprofit on the website?
If you cannot find your favorite nonprofit, it is likely that they did not make the deadline to register. You should encourage them to contact us so they can participate in future North State Giving Tuesday events. We have many wonderful organizations searchable by name and listed in alphabetical order on the Home page. We encourage you to find one that may fit your area of need or interest.
If you would like to support North State Giving Tuesday activities in the future or are interested in providing for the longevity of all nonprofits, please consider a gift to the Stewardship Endowment Fund of Shasta Regional Community Foundation.
How much of the donation will go to the nonprofit?
All donations will be distributed to the chosen charity net of credit card processing fees. The full processing fee is 3.0%. This fee covers transaction fees only and no percentage is taken by Shasta Regional Community Foundation.
How does it work?
Any individual or business may donate. All donations must be made via debit or credit card through the North State Giving Tuesday website. No gifts through checks, cash or stock will be accepted for this giving event. *NOTE: If you have a fund at Shasta Regional Community Foundation, you may make a grant through your fund. Please contact the Community Foundation staff for more details. All donations are tax deductible and irrevocable (donations will not be refunded) and will be for the unrestricted use of your chosen charity. Please note that while you’ve selected a particular charity, your card will be processed through Shasta Regional Community Foundation. Therefore, your credit card statement will read: SHASTA RCF
Where is North State Giving Tuesday taking place?
North State Giving Tuesday is an online event where most of the activity will take place via our North State Giving Tuesday website. News and updates will be posted regularly to social media sites. Within the time frame of the event, credit card donations may be made at your convenience via the North State Giving Tuesday donation website. Some nonprofits in Shasta and Siskiyou counties may choose to host receptions or giving kiosks.
Who can participate?
Organizations eligible to participate must be a 501(c) (3) nonprofit organization that works or serves Shasta and/or Siskiyou counties. The organization may also be in good standing with the Internal Revenue Service, the State of California, and Shasta Regional Community Foundation. They must also have a minimum of 2 years financial history. Organizations were required to fill out a commitment form, attend training, and promote their participation in North State Giving Tuesday.
This event is open to the public. Anyone who wishes to participate will be able to make a secure donation by debit or credit card on northstategives.org. This event site is a secure website for safe, fast and secure transactions.
Why North State Giving Tuesday a good opportunity for our community?
The nonprofit sector is the heart and soul of the region, enriching our community in immeasurable ways. Our region includes many incredible organizations that are doing extraordinary things. North State Giving Tuesday is a unique opportunity for the public to learn about their work, how they are contributing to our community and their chance to say thank you by making a donation. North State Giving Tuesday is a time-limited donation period designed to expand and increase giving to local nonprofits that provide vital services that help to sustain our community.
What is North State Giving Tuesday?
North State Giving Tuesday is an online networking and giving event that provides nonprofit organizations the opportunity to gain exposure and start relationships with new donors, and for the people in Shasta and Siskiyou Counties to come together to raise as much money as possible for participating organizations within a 12 -hour period. The effort was organized and implemented by Shasta Regional Community Foundation with sponsorship provided by Redding Bank of Commerce and United Way of Northern California. The online event will take place from 6:00 AM PST Tuesday, to 6:00 PM PST on November 29, 2016. Additionally, a pool of incentive funds has been made available.